Textile Arts Center: The Magazine!
Photo courtesy Textile Arts Center
WSN Members Textile Arts Center, located in sunny Brooklyn, NY are coming out with their very own textile-focused publication, focusing on giving,”voice to the modern textile movement, and will fit effortlessly into the overarching mission of Textile Arts Center.” We already requested our own issue, so be sure to get yours before it’s too late(20 days left to purchase)!
Check out their colorful and fiber fun indiegogo video and website: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tac-magazine–2
EACH ISSUE FEATURES:
- Textile News Features — Full length feature stories exploring current events and trends in the textile world. From visits to solar powered fiber farms, to digging deeper into a designer’s inspiration, these features will keep you informed and engaged.
- Travel guides — Visually arresting travel journals from far flung locales especially tailored to textile-loving voyeurs.
- Tutorials — Each issue has two tutorials where you’ll learn new skills, perfect old ones, and get your hands dirty. Taught by our favorite instructors, designers and artists, they’re like tiny classes you can hold.
- Editorial Fashion Stories —a chapter of total eye candy celebrating textile trends, designers, styling, photography and the art of visual storytelling.
- Artist and Designer Highlights — Go behind the scenes in our favorite artist/designers’ studios. Our interviews will cover their process, inspiration, goals, and struggles.
- Events Page — Finally, all textile events in one place. These pages will give you a comprehensive, worldwide list of upcoming events, shows, and deadlines from leading museums, schools, galleries and more.
- The Directory — The last pages will feature a collection of brands, businesses, and labels we love and think you will too. And don’t miss the Swatch Spot — a full page devoted to one designer that includes a fabric swatch from their new collection. (A textile magazine wouldn’t be complete without some actual textiles, right?!)
Textile Arts Center is a great place for textile-lovers of all ages and places, from 2 locations in NYC they offer a variety of classes focusing on anything from upholstery, weaving, natural dye to even shoe-making! TAC also is home to a enriching artist-in-residency program. Applications are now available, the deadline is April 15th! Find out more here: http://textileartscenter.com/index.php?route=studio/studio&information_id=1
Haven’t heard of Textile Arts Center and want to know more? Take a look at their online blog and store: http://textileartscenter.com/