WSN Summer Internship 2015 – Be Part of Our Team!
WSN Staff Past and Present!
Hello WSN Readers!
We are posting a wonderful opportunity for those who currently are enrolled in college
(must be a high school graduate) and are looking for a summer internship*. The World Shibori Network is offering a summer internship in the Bay Area to assist us in the following tasks:
- Add to our WSN database of textile related articles and online resources. Learn about textile materials, processes, and recipes.
- Help with inventory and shipment of our wide variety of shibori-related items, sold on our online store. Learn how to manage an e-commerce store, help add new items and update descriptions.
- Learn about how to make and maintain a natural indigo vat.
- Help us organize and update our international World Shibori Network memberships. Learn how to use membership management software.
- Blog textile-related articles and member profiles. Be our social media coordinator (manage our Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and Pinterest).
- Practice hands-on organizational skills, and learn how a small business works.
- Attend and help with our upcoming Slow Fiber Studio events.
- There are also opportunities for future projects; please let us know what you enjoy as we work together*Note: School credit may be available if you arrange it with your university.
- Required skills: Organized, able to navigate social media, willing to learn new things, interested in textiles, efficient in note taking and executing small projects
- Must know: Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Mac OS and Windows. Basic computer skills.
- Not required but preferred: Knowledge of Adobe Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), WordPress, training in or developed sense of design (textile or other)
- Added bonus is: Fluent or knowledgeable in Japanese or Spanish.
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA
Days/Hours & Duration of Job: 2-3 Days/ 6 Hours a Day
Employment Start Date: As soon as available
Employment End Date: August 2015
APPLY HERE: WSN Internship Application
Questions or want to send your CV directly? Contact: sarah [at] yoshikowada [dot] com
We are only interested in applicants who currently reside in the Bay Area.
We look forward to meeting you!